Thursday, September 4, 2014

AutoBiography

My name is Mateo Chavez, I am 15 years old, and I was born on October 20th, 1998 at 3 in the morning.  My dad is Jaime Chavez and my mom is Mee Kim-Chavez.  My dad is full Cuban, and was born in Havana, Cuba.  My mom is full South Korean, and was born in Seoul, Korea.  My dad's job is a carpenter at the Aon Center, and my mom is an entrepreneur.  I have one brother and one sister, both of which are older.  My brother is a senior in high school at Whitney Young, and my sister is a senior at University of Illinois.  My brother is 17 and my sister is 21.
         As a toddler, I was sent to a daycare up north in Glenview.  Then, I was put in a preschool in old town called Apple School.  After that, I attended LaSalle Language Academy for 9 years, taking Italian as a language for 9 years as well.  Finally, I enrolled in Whitney M. Young in 9th grade and plan to stay at Whitney for the rest of my high school career.

Growing up my first sport was swimming.  I started at the age of 3 and haven't stopped since then.  My second sport was baseball.  I would swim in the winter and play baseball in the summer.  When I was 10, I placed 5th in state for swimming.  At age 12, I quit baseball to focus more on swimming.  Leading into the summer of freshman year, I started work at Sunset Ridge Country Club as a caddie.  I work there every summer and for a little bit of fall.  I hope to receive a Chick Evans scholarship during my last year of highschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment